[CP2K:5386] Re: SCF energy not identical to result of final energy of geometry optimization

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Jun 10 14:54:17 UTC 2014

Hi

your system (NaCl on Copper) has a zero band gap. Although OT
converges (most likely to a local minima) it would be much better
to use smearing and a finite electron temperature. For this you
should also use diagonalization and mixing.
Have a look in other postings where this was discussed.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland