Questions about printing out unoccupied molecular orbitals (LUMO, LUMO+x)

Leopold Talirz leopold... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:34:10 UTC 2014

Dear all,

since members from our group also fall into this 'trap' every once in a
while, I am wondering whether the situation could be improved or if at
least one could print out a drastic warning if one uses &MO_CUBES together
with &ADDED_MOS..

Just to sum up the "state of the art": Let's say I have a system of 10
occupied orbitals that I calculate with 5 ADDED_MOS.
Then, printing &MO_CUBES with NHOMO 2 and NLUMO 2 will print the cube files
of orbitals number 9, 10 and 16, 17 (the cube files of the latter two will
be incorrectly labeled with indices 11, 12).
I have no possibility to print the orbitals 11-15 unless I drop the
ADDED_MOS keyword.

I think if the cube files were indexed correctly that would already help a
lot (then, one would realize immediately that the orbitals 11-15 are
missing).
Maybe it would also make sense to let NHOMO 2 print the orbitals 14,15
instead of 9,10 ...

What do you think?

Best,
Leopold