[CP2K:4907] Charge calculation -- Charged system

Sandeep Kumar Reddy kuma... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 08:45:10 UTC 2014

Dear Apsi and Hutter,
                                         Thank you for the reply. Yes, your
guess is correct. I used HF method in Gaussian09 software. I repeated the
charge calculation with DFT method, and as you said, i got the similar
charges as that i found using cp2k software.

My purpose of these test runs is study "the proton irradiation of a
surface". If the charge on the proton is not +1, then is it correct to
assume it as a proton as when it approaches the surface, there will be a
transfer of charge between proton and the surface. Kindly let me know if
this is wrong.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sandeep