An error: 'ERRORL2 in cp_parser_methods:parser_get_real' how to solve?

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 10:33:31 UTC 2014

Hello,

in general, to solve your problems you will have to make life easier by
making your input _much_ simpler, checking it works, and then slowly adding
extra functionality. As you can tell, it is quite difficult to see what it
wrong here.

In this case the problem is actually a little tricky to explain fully. The
trouble is your definition of the simulation cell. CP2K _always_ needs to
have a 3D box to work in - regardless of the boundary conditions (1D, 2D,
etc). So you need to define all the cell vectors, including the ones you
are hoping to be non-periodic.
So in $cell you need something like

abc $LX $LY $LZ

not just c $LZ. (even just setting c on its own c needs to be a vector,
you'd still need to define a and b)

I would suggest starting with a 3D simulation. Later, you can investigate
the settings to try and go 1D. I am not sure which options will work with
DFT for a 1D simulation.

Good luck,

Matt