Regarding to use Shake to fix bond for bulk water in DFT

Pankaj Mishra pkmis... at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:22:33 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I am trying to use shake for bulk simulation via DFT.  Suppose i am trying
to fix bond for water molecules, then how can i fix the  distance between
oxygen and hydrogen of water? I mean do i need to define bond for each
bonded atom pair separately for distance in  COLVAR ? Is there some way to
define molecule? For DFT calculation, i am just using atom ID (O or H) and
its positions in random order. I am trying with  CONSTRAINT
<http://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2_2-branch/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/CONSTRAINT.html>
/ COLLECTIVE
<http://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2_2-branch/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/CONSTRAINT/COLLECTIVE.html>
but there are confusions, like how to define molecule as we don,t need to
give bond and angle information in CP2K for DFT calculation. Here i am
attaching my input file. I hope that will help you to understand my
problem.
I hope for some suggestions.

Thank you so much

Regards