[CP2K:4736] difference between wannier total dipole and berry total dipole

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Oct 25 14:37:54 UTC 2013

Yes, the reference (COAC) will change during a MD. Although
not 'jump' with the proton, as the oxygens have a much higher
weight.
Be careful when calculating charged systems! Now the dipole depends
on the choice of the reference point. If you change the reference point
during a MD also the dipole differences will change!

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland