[CP2K:4730] Cp2k compiled but some test files fail

Iain Bethune ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Oct 24 18:58:54 UTC 2013

Hi Sang,

It's hard to say what the problem is without more information, specifically:

* a copy of your arch file
* what version of MKL and Intel MPI you are using
* what input file you are running

What I can say is that with ifort 14.0.0, mkl 11.1 and impi 4.1.1.036 we have been able to successfully regtest sopt, popt and ssmp builds.  There are still some problems with psmp (MPI+OpenMP) that we are investigating.

You will also need a recent trunk version of the code (13197 or later) to get a workaround for a regression in ifort 14.0.0

Cheers

- Iain

--

Iain Bethune
Project Manager, EPCC

Email: ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Twitter: @IainBethune
Web: http://www2.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~ibethune
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
Addr: 2404 JCMB, The King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ

On 24 Oct 2013, at 15:19, Hongqian Sang wrote:

> Hi Iain,
>
>  We are also using ifort 14.0.0 and saw the same error.
>
> Adding two lines at the end of arch file, cp2k is running now.
> dbcsr_index_operations.o: dbcsr_index_operations.F
>         $(FC) -c $(FCFLAGS2) $<
> The first SCF step gave right energy, then it went crazy and never converged.
>

> Cheers,
> Sang
>
> 在 2013年9月30日星期一UTC+8下午3时56分26秒,IBethune写道:
> Yes, we are using 13.1.3 from XE 2013 update 5 at the moment and it is working fine.
>
> Cheers
>
> - Iain
>
> --
>
> Iain Bethune
> Project Manager, EPCC
>
> Email: ibe... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
> Twitter: @IainBethune
> Web: http://www2.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~ibethune
> Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
> Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
> Addr: 2404 JCMB, The King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ
>

> On 29 Sep 2013, at 06:24, Joe Greenstone wrote:
>
> > Hi Iain,
> >
> > Had also upgraded to ifort 14.0.0 in composer xe 2013 sp1.
> >
> > Are you now using ifort 13.1.3 in composer xe 2013 update 5?
> >

> > On Saturday, 28 September 2013 05:28:10 UTC+9:30, IBethune wrote:
> > Hi Samuel. We have also just upgraded to the intel 14.0 compiler in compeer ex 2013 sp 1 and saw the same problem for various test cases. I've reported a bug to Intel and am currently waiting for them to investigate.  For now it's better to use the 13.1 compiler!
> >
> > --

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.