[CP2K:4613] ALMO

Rustam rusta... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 04:49:46 UTC 2013

The ALMO methods need to know how your system is partitioned into
molecules. The last column in the coordinate file tells CP2K to call the
partitioning routine. Therefore, the last column is required for all ALMO
methods.

CP2K works with arbitrary molecule names (i.e. you can replace H2O with
SECRET_MOLECULAR_INGREDIENT_OF_COCA_COLA without any change in the
results). The actual partitioning is done automatically based on distances
thresholds, controlled by keywords in the following section:

CP2K_INPUT <http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT.html> / FORCE_EVAL<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL.html>
 / SUBSYS <http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS.html>
 / TOPOLOGY<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/TOPOLOGY.html>
 / GENERATE<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/TOPOLOGY/GENERATE.html>

As far as I understand the partitioning code collects all atoms with a
unique molecule name (e.g. all atoms with H2O) and tries to partition this
set into individual molecules based on distance thresholds. It does this
for all unique molecule names.

Therefore, if you are not satisfied with automatic partitioning:

1. assign unique molecule names (MOL1, MOL2, MOL3) to split large molecules
into smaller ones,
2. set BONDLENGTH_MAX to very large value to combine smaller molecules
within a named set to the larger molecule.

Done )