Strange behaviour by molecule in Electric field

Pankaj Mishra pkmis... at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 09:10:51 UTC 2013

Hello,

As per my fundamental knowledge, polar molecule can rotate in electric
field, not translate. Being more precise, here i am talking about 1
molecule in non-periodic box. I didn't find any force to move in the field.

Even non-polar molecule and single atom (H and Ne) are also translating in
EF in CP2K. In the case of water cluster, the center of mass of whole
system is translating. I have not found such behavior in other package like
GAMESS .

This is a very serious issue for me. Please try to suggest something if i
am missing anything in my input.

Thank you

Pankaj