Force matching with CP2K

Chuong nguyen.h... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:39:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have manage to (wrongly) run a force matching run based on a  ab initio
trajectory I got from siesta. I have however a doubt about the energy that
should be included in the

REF_FORCE_FILE_NAME FRC.XYZ
the lines containing the energy have the format
 i =        0, time =        0.000, E =        -0.0053069965
I was wondering what energy what energy should be put there from my DFT MD
run? I suppose that I could use the Kohn-Sham energy and convert it in
Hartree units but where should I put the 0?

Are the energies needed if I use COMPARE_FORCES<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/OPTIMIZE_INPUT/FORCE_MATCHING/COMPARE_FORCES.html>instead ofCOMPARE_ENERGIES<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/index.html#CP2K_INPUT/OPTIMIZE_INPUT/FORCE_MATCHING/COMPARE_ENERGIES.html>
?  What should I put in EACH for comparing every n step of my referenceforce
/trajectory file?

I suppose that they should be