dependence of DFTB-results on the input-sequence of heavy atoms

X_Hatakeyama hatak... at mac.com
Wed Feb 13 11:36:07 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I'm trying DFTB-calculation of CP2K for molecules consisted of more than
three heavy atoms (e.g. CO2).

I have one problem that the atomic-forces depend on the sequence of heavy
atoms in the input-file.

For example, the following input coordinates-(A) and (B) showed different
results at the calculated forces,

(A),,,{at angstrom-unit}

O  0.0  0.0  +1.2

C  0.0   0.0    0.0

O   0.0  0.0  -1.2

(B),,,

C  0.0  0.0   0.0

O  0.0  0.0  +1.2

O  0.0  0.0  -1.2

Could anyone tell me whether the this problem has been occurred or reported?

To be more precise, the above dependency was not resolved by the following
approaches

{Periodicity, SCC-calculation and changing compile condition (e.g. gfortran
to ifort within Linux_x86)}.

The only solution was to copy&paste the Slater-Koster file of "co.spl" to
"oc.spl",

or to focus on hydrogen compounds (e.g. CH4, H2O, etc.).