ROKS in cp2k

StKolev sko... at mnet.bg
Wed Aug 28 11:55:06 UTC 2013

Look in the literature for the ROKS formulation for forming singlet:
For S1, which has the energy formula of 2.0*mixed - 1.0*triplet, your
choice is

MULTIP 3
&LOW_SPIN_ROKS
    ENERGY_SCALING 2.0 -2.0
    SPIN_CONFIGURATION 1  2
    SPIN_CONFIGURATION 1  1
  &END LOW_SPIN_ROKS

This is correct. The specified spin should be 3 and the result will come in
singlet.
(why is -2 for triplet instead of -1, because we already have the
triplet energy, to which everything in LOW_SPIN_ROKS is added.
So we have E(S1) = E(T)(already calculated)  + 2E(Mixed) - 2 E(T) =
2E(Mixed) - E(T)
Again, look in the literature about the method.