cp2k on IBM Blue Gene

Wei wei.a... at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 6 16:12:09 UTC 2012

Hi Iain,

thanks a lot for your fast reply!

I have read the document, and it is a huge surprise that you have
tried with 1 million atom system with DFT.. Now I have two further
questions:

1. Does this newly compiled cp2k on Blue Gene has a lower limit of
atom size for a specific job (4000 cores)? Have you ever tried to run
md or relaxation for many steps for a smaller system size (i.e. 10,000
atom), and how big is the speedup factor compare to the calculation on
normal linux-cluster with intel cpus (let's say 200 cores with 3.06
GHz)?

2. will the compilation be the same for Blue Gene/Q?

thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Wei