creating a sparse dbcsr matrix

Adam aml... at ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 24 23:34:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm creating dbcsr matrices out of dense 2d fortran arrays. However few
elements are non-zero values, and I'd like to build a dbcsr matrix in
sparse format so I can see speed ups when doing multiplication. The
examples provided with the dbcsr package only show how to build dense
random matrices. Is there any examples on building sparse matrices, or can
you tell me how a sparse matrix is built? Right now timing my code it is
scaling closer to order n^3 than n. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam