[CP2K:3548] Re: Installing problem with tamc_run.o

Iain Bethune ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Sun Oct 23 05:27:36 UTC 2011

On a (possibly) related note, the TAMC/regtest/dimer.inp.out regtest has been failing since the TAMC code was checked in - I only spotted this when running regtests against my recent checkins...  guess you already know this, but it looks a bit ugly!

- Iain

--

Iain Bethune
Applications Consultant, EPCC

Email: ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
Addr: 2404 JCMB, The King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ

On 22 Oct 2011, at 12:50, Teodoro Laino wrote:

> Hi Alin
>
> I know but compilers take lots of time to adopt the correct standard. Meanwhile we prefer to have code as much as possible compilable.
> That's the reason why you will find only few.. very few places (less than 5) where we use pointers with intent.
> Moreover, if you use that, it must be highly consistent. My experience is that gfortran is too permissive and this leads unavoidably to non-transferable code.
> In your case I really do not see the necessity of having the intent. That's why I've just removed that (hopefully it should be ok now).
>
> Best,
> Teo
>
> On Oct 22, 2011, at 1:34 PM, Alin Marin Elena wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 22 October 2011 12:55:35 Teodoro Laino wrote:
>>> OK- can you try again?
>>> I've totally cleaned-up the INTENT with POINTER - no idea why there were
>>> there... Teo
>> Hi Teo,
>>
>> I am little bit puzzled... by the error... pointer arguments can have intents
>> as of fortran2003 standard... I do not doubt that I may have been sloppy with
>> using them but I am still surprised that ifort 12 and both gfortran 4.5 and
>> 4.6, passed the code as valid...
>> I will check my code and send you a patched version with intents removed for
>> pointers.
>>
>> Alin

>> --
>> Without Questions there are no Answers!
>> Alin Marin ELENA
>> Advanced Molecular Simulation Research Laboratory
>> School of Physics, University College Dublin
>> ----
>> Ardionsamblú Móilíneach Saotharlann Taighde
>> Scoil na Fisice, An Coláiste Ollscoile, Baile Átha Cliath

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.