general question on calculating metals using cp2k

Jun chen... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:04:37 UTC 2011

Thanks very much again for the prompt reply, Carlo.

I agree a thickness of 4 layers is a minimum. I hope the screening of
metals is strong enough to eliminate the interaction between two
surfaces. I know termination with H atoms to saturate surface dangling
bonds is often used for covalent solids with a band gap. Is this
necessary for metals?

I will definitely do some tests on the size of slab before I really
run the calculations.

Cheers,
Jun