[CP2K:3583] Re: general question on calculating metals using cp2k

carlo antonio pignedoli c.pig... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:43:33 UTC 2011

Dear Jun form the experience I have for systems I worked on,
a slab 4 layer thick could be the minimum thickness for a first investigation,
be careful that you would have, in such a thin slab, a spurious interaction
among surface states.
To reduce this, a "empirical" way is hydrogenation of one side of the slab.

Dont' forget to consider the relevance of van der Waals corrections.

Usually the smallest slab I consider in xy is in the order of 6x6
compared to a primitve cell
but this is just an indication and the result depend really on the
particular system you are dealing with.

Magnetic systems are always complex.. I have not enough experience on
this to give
you suggestions.

Ciao

Carlo