[CP2K:3234] status of hybrid OpenMP+MPI version

Urban Borštnik urban.b... at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:59:49 UTC 2011

Hi Axel,

I successfully compile and run the development branch of CP2K in hybrid
MPI+OpenMP with gfortran (4.5.[02]) and MPICH2 (1.3.1).  About 100 of
the regtests give varying results and most of these seem to be within
numerical noise.

I use the following defines and compiler options

DFLAGS   = -D__GFORTRAN -D__FFTSG -D__parallel -D__SCALAPACK -D__BLACS -D__USE_CP2K_TRACE -D__HAS_smm_dnn -D__HAS_NO_OMP_3 -D__LIBINT
FCFLAGS  = -g -fopenmp -O3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -ftree-vectorize -march=native -ffree-form -fcray-pointer $(DFLAGS) -I$(GFORTRAN_INC)

Also, avoid some threaded libraries such as GotoBLAS.

Cheers,
Urban