[CP2K:3038] Re: Segfault with psmp

Alin Marin Elena alinm... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 19:08:23 UTC 2011

Hi Ondrej,

this is a long shot have you tried MKL_NUM_THREADS=1 in addition to
the OMP_NUM_THREADS?

Also try with a different openmpi version, or simple a different mpi
implementation.

regards,
Alin

On 7 January 2011 16:33, Ondrej Marsalek <ondrej.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it was my impression that this problem that you mention is
> sufficiently resolved using the compile flag to put arrays on the heap
> rather than the stack. I tried your suggestion anyway, but
> unfortunately it did not change anything about my original problem.
>
> Ondrej
>

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 06:32, Ross, Sun <sunshou... at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
>> Hi Ondrej,
>> You used Intel compiler. The default stacksize of the system is
>> relatively small. So you have to reset the stacksize of your system.
>> Please try:
>>
>> 1. 'vi /etc/profile' ; add 'ulimit -s 262144' (about 256M) after the
>> line "ulimit -S -c 0 > /dev/null
>>
>> 2. 'vi /etc/security/limits.conf' and add the following:
>> *** hard stack 262144
>> *** soft stack 262144
>>  (*** is the user name.)
>>
>> 3.  limit stacksize 262144 (c-shell)
>>
>> Hope it could work, if not, reboot.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --

I force myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my
own taste. -- Marcel Duchamp
Without Questions there are no Answers!
Alin Marin ELENA
Advanced Molecular Simulation Research Laboratory
School of Physics, University College Dublin
----
Ardionsamblú Móilíneach Saotharlann Taighde
Scoil na Fisice, An Coláiste Ollscoile, Baile Átha Cliath
Address:
Room 318, UCD Engineering and Material Science Centre
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
http://alin.elenaworld.net
alin.... at ucdconnect.ie, alinm... at gmail.com