[CP2K:2871] real time propagation under DDAPC charge constraint

Hanning Chen chenh... at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:08:38 UTC 2010

Dear Juerg,

  I agree with you that it is not trivial to find a perfect charge
constraint strategy. But, I have a feeling that the RT-TDDFT should work
under DDAPC constraint. According to the constrained DFT formalism,

                                      (H0  + Vc * Wc ) * Phi = E * Phi

where Phi is the wavefunction, Vc is the constrain Hartree potential and Wc
is the constrain operator. After checking the "cp_ddapc.F" file, the Vc
seems to be given in variable "v_hartree_gspace", my question is how to
obtain the constrained operator Wc ?

  Once we know both Vc and Wc, we should be able to get the "constrained
Hamiltonian", under which the wavefunction only has a stationary phase shift
upon time evolution, becasue Phi is now the eigenstate of ( H0 + Vc * Wc). I
believe It is a rigorous way to check whether the constrained wavefunction
is well converged.

  Thanks.

Hanning