[CP2K:2928] DFT-D

hut... at pci.uzh.ch hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Mon Nov 22 12:34:58 UTC 2010

Hi

here is an example for the Grimme D2 method
      &vdW_POTENTIAL
         DISPERSION_FUNCTIONAL PAIR_POTENTIAL
         &PAIR_POTENTIAL
            TYPE DFTD2
            R_CUTOFF 15.0
            SCALING 1.0
         &END PAIR_POTENTIAL
      &END vdW_POTENTIAL

The SCALING parameter refers to the s6 term in this method.
Default values for some functionals are available in the
code through
             REFERENCE_FUNCTIONAL BLYP

This is an example for the new D3 method
         DISPERSION_FUNCTIONAL PAIR_POTENTIAL
         &PAIR_POTENTIAL
            TYPE DFTD3
            REFERENCE_FUNCTIONAL BLYP
            CALCULATE_C9_TERM .TRUE.
            PARAMETER_FILE_NAME dftd3.dat
            R_CUTOFF 15.0
         &END PAIR_POTENTIAL
      &END vdW_POTENTIAL

With VERBOSE_OUTPUT TRUE you can get all kinds of detailed
energy contributions.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                       Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich               E-mail:  hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland