DFT-D

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassma... at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 21 10:23:27 UTC 2010

Dear all

admittingly, my skills in cp2k are a bit rusty.
I wanted to look into the DFT-D option of cp2k, specially how the second
derivatives calculation are performing on rather large molecules.

>From the manual I takt it one can do DFT-D calculations so I thought I am
using the water example and play around with that. I decided, mainly for
speed reasons, to go with the BP functional and compare that MD run with one
where DFT-D is switched on, i.e. BP-D.
However, I am not sure whether I done the setup correctly, so I thought I
might as well print out whether or not dispension is actually switch on.
Playing around with various option in
__ROOT__%FORCE_EVAL%DFT%PRINT%DFT_CONTROL_PARAMETERS
where somehow unsuccesful in this respect. Would somebody just briefly comment
on whether my input file (attached below) is correct and how to print out the
DFT parameters?
I have omitted the coordination section to save some space.

All the best from London!

Jörg

Input file:
&FORCE_EVAL
  METHOD QS
  &DFT
    BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME ../BASIS_SET
    POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME ../POTENTIAL
    &MGRID
      CUTOFF 280
    &END MGRID
    &QS
      EPS_DEFAULT 1.0E-12
      WF_INTERPOLATION PS
      EXTRAPOLATION_ORDER 3
    &END QS
    &SCF
      SCF_GUESS ATOMIC
      &OT ON
        MINIMIZER DIIS
      &END OT
    # SCF_GUESS        RESTART
    # EPS_SCF      1.0E-7
      &PRINT
        &RESTART OFF
        &END
      &END
    &END SCF
    &XC
      &XC_FUNCTIONAL BP
      &END XC_FUNCTIONAL
      &VDW_POTENTIAL
       &PAIR_POTENTIAL
        Type Grimme
       &end PAIR_POTENTIAL
#      POTENTIAL_TYPE DISPERSION_FUNCTIONAL
      &END VDW_POTENTIAL
    &END XC
   &print
    &DFT_CONTROL_PARAMETERS high