difference between Total energy and ENERGY| Total FORCE_EVAL ( QS ) energy ?

Jun chen... at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:10:10 UTC 2010

Many thanks for the reply, Prof. Hutter.
Setting multiplicity 73  means maximum spin for the system, i.e.
ferromagnetic ordering. It might be relatively simple for this
ordering.
The three sets of energies I gave are for the same geometry. They are
from single point calculations, not MD  nor geoopt. If the three
calculations found different electronic states, I am still puzzled how
come "ENERGY| Total FORCE_EVAL ( QS ) energy (a.u.)" are almost the
same while "Total energies" are not.

Regards,
Jun