NEB with qmmm

ivaylo ivo6i... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 14:14:17 UTC 2010

It was never intended as a lesson. Likely there was some
misunderstanding
on my part regarding what was meant by projected band. I thought
projected
band was intended for a NEB calculation in a subspace of collective
variables
like the ones used in metadynamics. A partitioning between active and
spectator
degrees of freedom can be done using only positional restraints (not
necessarily
more complicated colvars).  I just didn't realize it wasn't
implemented yet in the
regular NEB.

Regarding minimizing the spectator atom, I can imagine systems where
it could
be useful although not in the diglycine system.

--Ivaylo