NEB with qmmm

ivaylo ivo6i... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 12:03:57 UTC 2010

They should experience free minimization or free dynamics (depending
on
which option is chosen) without being influenced by the neighboring
replicas.
If you had the gly dipeptide in explicit water, surely you wouldn't
want to
include all the solvent molecules in the band optimization but have
them
as spectator degrees of freedom. In many cases you wouldn't want to
have
all the hydrogens in your protein as there may be many motions (such
as
methyl group rotations) that have nothing to do with the
conformational
transition of interest.

Cheers,
--Ivaylo