[CP2K:2520] Re: QM/MM input

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 07:36:41 UTC 2010

Hello Nagesh,

Not really, I just think that probably you should start with a less
ambitious system.
Once you have a good control of the QM/MM module then you could start
going to a much larger system.
In QM/MM you need to know not just QM/MM interaction pretty well.. an
extreme knowledge of what is happening in QS and in FIST is mandatory.

A suggestion (just technical): avoid too long lines.. CP2K should be
able to read up to 512 characters in a line.. for example the
MM_INDEX keyword is repeatable.. you can split those long line on
more lines..

I don't know if your input file makes sense or not (to give a judge
like this one should spend a couple of hours looking exactly what you
are doing: and this is definitely beyond what people may expect from
a mailing list) but I can tell you that is perfectly running and
producing numbers.

Good Luck,
Teo

On 26 Jan 2010, at 08:22, nagesh wrote:

> Hello Teo,
>
> I thought, i was just using the default values in the reference manual
> just for a check to obtain the spline interpolation convergence in
> QMMM (but, the actual values in the manual are 1.E-10). i tried with
> these values (1.E-10) , still got the same error.
>
> do you think the values might still be bad for my system.
>
> Regards,
> nagesh
>
> On Jan 25, 10:19 pm, Laino Teodoro <teodor... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nagesh,
>>
>> why are you using these values?
>>
>>      &INTERPOLATOR
>>        EPS_X                        1.E-15
>>        EPS_R                        1.E-15
>>        MAX_ITER                     200
>>      &END INTERPOLATOR
>>
>> regards,
>> Teo
>>
>> On 26 Jan 2010, at 02:37, nagesh wrote:
>>
>>> Dear CP2K users,
>>> I would like to setup a QM/MM calculation on a polymer system
>>> with PBC
>>> using CP2K. I already have a classical MD equilibrated structure
>>> from
>>> DLPOLY. Now I  would like to start from that structure to perform a