[CP2K:2809] Re: Applying electric field

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:25:55 UTC 2010

as the name says "EXTERNAL_POTENTIAL" it sums to the Hamiltonian a
potential (i.e. energy term).
I don't see all this confusion. If I write the potential in this way:

V(x,y,z)= A*EXP(-b/Z)

A has units of energy
and b of distance (angstrom or bohr)

I don't see nowhere here either field units or potential units.

As I said before the net result must be an energy unit. that's all.
Teo