Catastrophical Error w/ Intel Compiler and w/o libintwrapper

Matthias Krack matthia... at psi.ch
Wed Nov 25 11:06:19 UTC 2009

Hi Frank,

I tried the compilation with Intel Version 11.1 (Build 20090827
Package ID: l_cprof_p_11.1.056) on IA-64 using MKL 10.1 and
libint-1.1.4:

- the compilation works if the optimization is disabled (-O0) for the
file semi_empirical_int_utils.F (rest with -O2)

- no HFX wrapper routines are needed with this compiler version, ie.
ISO_C_BINDING are indeed supported

- all related HFX regtests passed

- only 18 regtests failed with the message "forrtl: severe (41):
insufficient virtual memory" which is fortunately quickly triggered by
the "ulimit -v 2000000 safeguard" in the regtest script. Otherwise the
memory blowup would continue much longer.

- all failing regtests request density smoothing using the keyword
XC_SMOOTH_RHO. The regtests work if this keyword is commented.

Obviously, there is an issue related to the density smoothing which
has to be resolved.

Matthias