[CP2K:1819] Re: Example input

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:27:50 UTC 2009

Hi again,

so far, I have only tested a short run of a neat 32 water cluster and
it blew up after about 1.5 ps. I have used

        &LANGEVIN
            GAMMA       [fs^-1] 1.0E-2
            NOISY_GAMMA [fs^-1] 9.0E-5
        &END LANGEVIN

I will try to use a better equilibrated initial condition and tweak
the setup. If I am not able to make it work, I'll post more details
and some specific questions.

I also have one question about the paper

Thomas D. Kuhne and Matthias Krack and Michele Parrinello:
Static and Dynamical Properties of Liquid Water from First Principles
by a Novel Car−Parrinello-like Approach

It says "... we perform a preliminary run in which we vary gamma_D on
the fly...". Is there a way to do that in CP2K or was it done "by
hand"?

Thanks,
Ondrej