problem with total charge density and graphite calculations

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 13:43:50 UTC 2009

You're likely to have a rather significant basis set superposition
error with the rather small DZVP basis set you're using that will
cause an effective binding between the slabs when the basis functions
start to overlap.  This you can compensate for by using bigger basis
sets or calculating the correction.

The bigger problem is the metallicity, which is not well handled by
CP2k and is slowing down your electronic convergence by orders of
magnitude.

Matt