problem with total charge density and graphite calculations

Andrzej kwa... at o2.pl
Tue Mar 10 13:26:57 UTC 2009

Thanks for response. Well it is why I decided to multiply the unit
cell.

In my original crystal, which is an insulator, and the layers are
binded by vdW interaction I also have an attraction between layers,
when it is calculated using pure PBE - similarly as I observed for
graphite. It worries me, because it looks as an artificial effect. If
I have an artificial attraction using PBE, the binding energy obtained
from PBE+D is oversetimated.