[CP2K:1700] Re: GPW: strange behavior of cations

Lukasz Cwiklik cwi... at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 09:56:57 UTC 2009

Dear Ilya,
I had the same problems with sodium atom/cation in water (almost 2
years ago with an old version of cp2k). At that time I was discussing
it with Fawzi and it seems that the problem was in too small cutoff
value (as far as I understand it is simple - the small sodium cation
needs a finer grid). I had to go up to 400 Ry to get rid of unphysical
'shaking' of sodium. And yes - it made my simulations terribly long
:-(
If you find any other reason/solution of these problems with sodium,
please, let me or the group know.
Best,
Lukasz

--