glibc detected malloc(): memory corruption

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 20:16:04 UTC 2009

On Feb 26, 12:23 pm, renedominik <rene.staritzbich... at mpibp-
frankfurt.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when running cp2k we get following error message right after starting:
>
> *** glibc detected ***
> /root/admin/software/cp2k-ifort/exe/Linux-x86-64-intel/cp2k.sopt:
> malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x0000000003e30bb0 ***
>
> I suppose this is not a cp2k-code issue but rather a problem with one
> of the used libraries.

or the compiler. it is hard to tell where memory corruption comes
from.

by the time the memory corruptions is detected, the damage could have
already been done long ago.

> Do you maybe have any idea, which is most likely to cause allocation
> problems?
>
> Compilation Information:
> x86_64 Redhat EL5
> ifort 10.1
> sopt
>
> Libraries:
> fftw-3.2.1 (compiled with ifort)
> acml-4.2.0-ifort-64bit-int64
> libint-1.1.4 (1.1.2 did not compile yet)
>
> Command:
> Linux-x86-64-intel/cp2k.sopt -i geo_opt.inp (contained in attached tar
> archive)
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Rene Staritzbichler
>
> (I did not find a way to append the input files on this site)

click on "Files" on the right column and then on "+ upload file"

e-mail attachments get scrubbed... so i don't see anything.

cheers,
   axel.