[CP2K:1332] Re: orbitals restart history

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.... at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:54:28 UTC 2008

thanks, 2 small typos, but it produces the result that i wanted. this
is the version that gets parsed correctly:

            &PRINT
                &RESTART
                    LOG_PRINT_KEY T
                    FILENAME wfn_history
                    BACKUP_COPIES 0
                    &EACH
                        MD 1
                        QS_SCF 0
                    &END EACH
                    ADD_LAST NUMERIC
                    COMMON_ITERATION_LEVELS 1
                 &END RESTART
                 &RESTART_HISTORY OFF
                 &END RESTART_HISTORY
            &END PRINT

however, seeing that it can be achieved this way, the original
question still remains: how do you use the RESTART_HISTORY section and
what is it good for. the description in the input manual is an exact
description of my original intent:

"Dumps unique MO restart files during the run keeping all of them."

i have also a related question: i would like to use the restart file
together with a reference trajectory for a "replay" (and calculation
of things that were not calculated in the original run, obviously).
the idea is that the saved wfn would be used for each step, without
any further scf iterations. is there a way to do that?

regards,
ondrej marsalek