charged system with CP2K

S. Ling lsl.m... at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 18 00:27:48 UTC 2008

On 10月17日, 下午5时52分, Laino Teodoro <teodor... at gmail.com> wrote:
> BSSE stands for BASIS SET SUPERPOSITION ERROR.
> Having clarified that.. can you tell me why are you looking into the
> BSSE section

Thanks. I know what BSSE stands for. The only keyword I found in the
manual of CP2K which might be useful for my purpose is
"CONFIGURATION", and this keyword is under the route of BSSE, that's
why I look into this section. My system is a big biomolecular system
and it has two molecules/fragments, so I think it makes sense if we
take the BSSE into account, but since it is such a big system, I think
it would also be excusable that if we exclude the BSSE from our
calculations.

> if what you want to do has nothing to do (at least at this stage)
> with the BSSE?
>
> The only way I know to do something similar to what you want to do is
> to restraint/constraint
> the charge on few atoms:http://cp2k.berlios.de/manual/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/QS/
> DDAPC_RESTRAINT.htmlhttp://cp2k.berlios.de/manual/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/QS/
> MULLIKEN_RESTRAINT.htmlhttp://cp2k.berlios.de/manual/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/QS/
> BECKE_CONSTRAINT.html

Thanks. I will have a look at these sections.

> you may also want to have a look at the regtests using those sections
> (to have an idea of the working template).
> Hope this helps,
> Teo

Thank you very much for your reply. It helps me a lot.

Jon