[CP2K:1025] Re: input coordinates & charges

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Mon May 12 10:43:20 UTC 2008

Dear Csilla,

First of all let's say that there's no difference if you use cp2k
standalone of you invoke it from another program.
Our convention is quite clear about it: a kind has a well defined
charge. I.e. you can't provide an array of different charges
associated to the same kind.

The problem is in the definition of your problem.

So if you want some help, we need more details.
How did you generated the CHARMM parameter file? is it one of the
standard publicly distributed?
or you generated it with external tools starting maybe from other
brand topology files?
are you also providing a PSF or you rely on the internal topology
builder?

I rarely used PSFGEN, so I cannot comment how helpful it would be in
solving this problem.. But essentially,
with some lines of scripting, you can do the type conversion without
getting mad (both for PDB, parameter file and so).

let us know withe above informations if you need further help!

Thanks,
Teo