[CP2K:1013] Re: input coordinates & charges

Csilla Varnai cv... at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 12 10:19:42 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I have redefined the atomic types, and regenerated the CHARMM22
potential file according to the new atomic types, at first sight in a
very simple-minded way, substituting all the possible new atomic types
(say, CC1, CC2) into the old ones (CC). But in this case, due to the
large potential file, running the program is hopeless.
I must confess I have not tried the VMD psfgen, since I would like to
invoke CP2K from another program, and that is the reason why I would
like to avoid the use of other programs like the VMD psfgen. If I used
the cp2k f77_interface, would it make any difference concerning to
this problem? Should I also have a potential file containing atomic
types with unambiguously defined charges? If that is the case then I
run into the same memory problem. Does the psfgen seem to be the only
solution?
Best regards,

Csilla