[CP2K:794] Re: parallel distribution of data

Nichols A. Romero naro... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:42:12 UTC 2008

Matt et al.,

I don't think its a bug. I think that the optimization algorithm is simply
running out of memory.
See line 570 in distribution_methods.F

There is an integer array called:
cost_ele_pair(nele,nele)

nele is equal to the number of atoms, for 8192 water molecules this is quite
large. When I work out the math,
the integer array size is 2.25 GB per core. This is a lot memory just for
optimization.

Could the 2D_MOLECULAR_DISTRIBUTION TRUE be a workaround? Do I define the
molecule through
some connectivity file?