[CP2K:895] Re: units update?

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 07:57:58 UTC 2008

Matthias,

I personally find the idea of the --codata2006 quite silly.  MAYBE --
codata1998 instead!
The newest the better (as usual)!

Few notices:
Let me just point at your attention that we are not back-compatible
(at the moment not even with cvs tree of 4 months ago)
and hardly I think we will ever be (maybe only with a release version
tree)..

Moreover what will be the impact of this change on the numbers?
10^-10? 10^-8? 10^-5? 10^-3? 1?[Hartree]
Are these changes within the error of the methodology you're using or
larger?
(I hope they didn't discover in 8 years that the speed of light was 1
order of magnitude wrong..)

Please, note as well that there are few people spending  several
hours in cleaning and getting rid of duplications and now we
are planning for it.. Can you please explain me that?

So I would really like to know what is the "real reason" for having
two sets of physical constants since, sorry,
I cannot really understand your justification:

> Numerically strict regtests and pushing the release
> issue, but being careless concerning the employed constants does not
> match very well in my opinion.
>
> Matthias

I'm not careless.. I'm realistic.. ;-)

Teo