cp2k on POWER4 running Linux

Eric Shamay eric.... at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:49:43 UTC 2008

Great, I didn't know what LD_LIBRARY_PATH was actually pointing for
(dynamically shared objects)! I'll use the -L flags to point to
specific locations for libraries. Also, I hadn't moved the libraries
from their defaults install locations (i.e. $(BLACSPATH)/LIB/) but had
added those locations to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH...

A second point that is only somewhat tangential to the CP2K forum
purpose - the BLACS Makefile 'cleanall' directive does not go into the
MPI source to clean there. For some reason it was left out. The issue
is that when I was altering the Bmake.inc, running 'make cleanall' and
then recompiling, the new version was not a fresh recompilation. Thus
when changed the directive in the Bmake.inc to leave out the trailing
underscores in the blacs routine names, it made no change when
recompiling (or so it would seem from my end). Adding the right line
into the toplevel BLACS Makefile seems to have fixed the issue.

I'm recompiling and then going to try the cp2k install. I'll post the
results when I get there. Thanks for the advice!

~Eric