cp2k on POWER4 running Linux

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 15:31:09 UTC 2008

eric,

> However now the undefined references are for files such as:
> blacstest.o(.text+0xac): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `blacs_get'

so either you are not linking to BLACS or your
BLACS is using different underscoring conventions.
you can easily find out by running 'nm' on your
BLACS library.

[...]

> running 'make tester' from netlib's BLACS results in those undefined
> references, so something is up with the linking stage. I've placed the
> BLACS lib into my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

noooooooooo!

for the BLACS/SCALAPACK testers you have to keep the compiled
libraries
just where they are. apart from that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is consulted when
looking
for _shared_ libraries (dynamics shared objects to be more accurate,
since
it also applies to plugins that are dlopen()ed at runtime) at
_runtime_.
you have a linker error, so at best you can point LIBRARY_PATH to
where the
linker should look, but it would be even better to just use -L flags
or, if
you use the default setup for BLAS/SCALAPACK do nothing at all.

HTH,
   axel.