[CP2K:615] Re: How do I generate PSF ?

Jack Shultz jackyg... at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:06:02 UTC 2008

My goal is to learn how to design a covalent bond-breaking reaction model.
So I do what usually works for me with most applications, take an example I
know works 2gly_CI-NEB.inp but I try to build the inital and final images
using H2O2, H2O & O2 molecular files. I modified these files.

I only want the final geometry to represent two water molecules and one
diatomic oxygen with sufficient distance to make any weak interactions such
as hydrogen bonds non-existent So I've displaced them 2 angstroms along x
and now I tried 1 angstrom along y.
So I guess I can use that triangle formula since it is only two axis. 2sqr +
1sqr = csqr = 5 so c = sqrt 5 < 2.8 ... maybe not enough distance.
As far as the FF goes, can you point me to an example that has FF configured
correctly for a bond-breaking reaction? Moreover, are there any
bond-breaking examples I can look at?

Jack