[CP2K:613] Re: How do I generate PSF ?

Jack Shultz jackyg... at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 03:35:27 UTC 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 9:15 PM, Teodoro Laino <teodor... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> If I run that input file that's what I get:
>

>                       ************* ******** ***********
>                      ************* **********************
>                      ****     **** ****      ***********
>                      ******** ****  *******     ****
>                      *******  ****   *******   ****
>                      ****     ****       ****  ****
>                      ****     **** **********  ****
>                       ****     **** ********    ****
>                      FRONTIERS IN SIMULATION TECHNOLOGY
>
>                      C.J. Mundy, S. Balasubramanian,
>                      Ken Bagchi, J. Hutter, Ari Seitsonen
>                      IFW Kuo, T. Laino, J. VandeVondele
>                                  Version 0.31415
>

>  EWALD| Summation is done
> by:                                              EWALD
>  EWALD| Alpha parameter
> [       ANGSTROM^-1]                              0.3600
>  EWALD| Real Space Cutoff
> [          ANGSTROM]                            9.3720
>  EWALD| G-space max. Miller index                         29
> 29        29
>
>  GENERATE|  Preliminary Number of Bonds
> generated:                             6
>  GENERATE|  Achieved consistency in connectivity generation.
>  GENERATE|  Number of Bonds
> generated:                                         6
>  GENERATE|  Preliminary Number of Bends
> generated:                             4
>  GENERATE|  Number of Bends
> generated:                                         4
>  GENERATE|  Number of UB
> generated:                                            4
>  GENERATE|  Preliminary Number of Torsions
> generated:                          2
>  GENERATE|  Number of Torsions
> generated:                                      2
>  GENERATE|  Number of Impropers
> generated:                                     0
>  GENERATE|  Number of 1-4 interactions
> generated:                              2
>

>  *
>  *** ERROR in force_field_control  ***
>  *
>

>  *** force field file missing  ***
>

>  ===== Routine Calling Stack =====
>
>             4 force_field_control
>             3 fist_init
>             2 fist_create_force_env
>             1 CP2K
>  CP2K| Abnormal program termination, stopped by process number 0
> Aborted
> --------------------------------
>
> CP2K has generated the proper topology. CP2K does not hang (at least
> the g95 compiled version)
> but gives an error because you didn't provide any parameter file (the
> line PARM_FILE_NAME in the input is empty).
> I just put a more strict control on this variable.. updating and
> recompiling you should be able to
> get the same error I get and CP2K should not hang anymore.
>
> Anyway, are you sure that you want to simulate this reaction
> using a classical FF? The ones we support are *mainly* non-reactive
> (yet!).

Do I understand you correctly, there are no FORCEFIELDs I can use that
support reactions currently?

> Moreover, If you should use the 2H2O+O2.xyz, as a standard xyz file
> asking cp2k to generate a topology,
> you may get in serious trouble since what it should be an hydrogen
> bond between two water molecules
> is only 1.04 Angstrom long.. i.e. that hydrogen is at the same
> distance between the two oxygens.

So I did not displace the water molecules appropriately? I only tried to
seperate them by 2 angstroms along the x-axis...maybe I should move them 1
angstrom along the y-axis as well? Should that help?