[CP2K:612] Re: How do I generate PSF ?

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 02:15:13 UTC 2008

Hi Jack,

If I run that input file that's what I get:

                       ************* ******** ***********
                      ************* **********************
                      ****     **** ****      ***********
                      ******** ****  *******     ****
                      *******  ****   *******   ****
                      ****     ****       ****  ****
                      ****     **** **********  ****
                       ****     **** ********    ****
                      FRONTIERS IN SIMULATION TECHNOLOGY

                      C.J. Mundy, S. Balasubramanian,
                      Ken Bagchi, J. Hutter, Ari Seitsonen
                      IFW Kuo, T. Laino, J. VandeVondele
                                  Version 0.31415

  EWALD| Summation is done
by:                                              EWALD
  EWALD| Alpha parameter
[       ANGSTROM^-1]                              0.3600
  EWALD| Real Space Cutoff
[          ANGSTROM]                            9.3720
  EWALD| G-space max. Miller index                         29
29        29

  GENERATE|  Preliminary Number of Bonds
generated:                             6
  GENERATE|  Achieved consistency in connectivity generation.
  GENERATE|  Number of Bonds
generated:                                         6
  GENERATE|  Preliminary Number of Bends
generated:                             4
  GENERATE|  Number of Bends
generated:                                         4
  GENERATE|  Number of UB
generated:                                            4
  GENERATE|  Preliminary Number of Torsions
generated:                          2
  GENERATE|  Number of Torsions
generated:                                      2
  GENERATE|  Number of Impropers
generated:                                     0
  GENERATE|  Number of 1-4 interactions
generated:                              2

  *
  *** ERROR in force_field_control  ***
  *

  *** force field file missing  ***

  ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

             4 force_field_control
             3 fist_init
             2 fist_create_force_env
             1 CP2K
  CP2K| Abnormal program termination, stopped by process number 0
Aborted
--------------------------------

CP2K has generated the proper topology. CP2K does not hang (at least
the g95 compiled version)
but gives an error because you didn't provide any parameter file (the
line PARM_FILE_NAME in the input is empty).
I just put a more strict control on this variable.. updating and
recompiling you should be able to
get the same error I get and CP2K should not hang anymore.

Anyway, are you sure that you want to simulate this reaction
using a classical FF? The ones we support are *mainly* non-reactive
(yet!).

Moreover, If you should use the 2H2O+O2.xyz, as a standard xyz file
asking cp2k to generate a topology,
you may get in serious trouble since what it should be an hydrogen
bond between two water molecules
is only 1.04 Angstrom long.. i.e. that hydrogen is at the same
distance between the two oxygens.

Cheers
Teo