lagrangian multipliers

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:20:28 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 12:14 pm, Teodoro Laino <teodor... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the example you posted you've 1 constraint and in the lagrangian
> multipliers file you will find one number for SHAKE and
> one for RATTLE... maybe I didn't understand your question but to me
> looks ok..

hi teo,

i guess the problem is, that when one wants to do umbrella sampling,
one wants the constraint force "for the individual step" and if i
understand
this correctly, this means the lagrange multiplier on the position
update,
i.e. the one from SHAKE and _not_ the one from RATTLE (the velocity
update).
at least, this is what i found when comparing CP2K to CPMD, where only
one "constraint force" is written and it is the LM from SHAKE.

i hope this is not too much "dumbed down" to be incorrect.

cheers,
    axel.