[CP2K:582] Re: cp2k chooses unsupported FFT grids

Juerg Hutter hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Tue Jan 15 18:35:49 UTC 2008

Hi Axel

do I get it right:
CP2K would like to use 100, but because of the FFT length
table (see fftessl_lib.F) is forced to use 110. However,
your ESSL library complains that 110 is not a valid transform length.

The table in fftessl_lib.F was copied from the ESSL manual.

see
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clresctr/vxrx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.cluster.essl.doc/essl_linux422/am501403194.html

where it says
Acceptable Lengths for the Transforms
Use the following formula to determine acceptable transform lengths:
n = (2h) (3i) (5j) (7k) (11m)    for n <= 37748736

where:
h = 1, 2, ..., 25
  i = 0, 1, 2
  j, k, m = 0, 1

so 110 is a valid length.
Do you have some very special version of ESSL?

greetings

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                   Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich           E-mail: hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland