Cygwin port to windows command-line

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 13:37:23 UTC 2008

On Jan 13, 5:07 am, "Jack Shultz" <jackyg... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to port the cygwin platform to windows command line. I've
> done this with several other scientific apps by including the necessary
> cygwin DLLs in the directory of the binary. But I get this error with CP2k.
> I've also tried changing the stack size

jack,

this looks like an error in the input (or a problem with the input
parser).
what is the input file?

i also suspect that there is nobody around here with significant
experience (or interest) to debug cp2k on windows machines
(it is _so_ much easier to run on linux). cp2k is rather demanding
in terms of standards compliance and correctness of the compilers,
libraries and input, that i'd strongly suggest to first try to get
started
with a linux machine (or virtual machine) and have one of those always
ready to cross check. i generally compile/test on two different
platforms
and with two different compilers, to make sure that when i suspect a
bug in cp2k, that is is not a bug in the compiler or library that is
being
exposed by cp2k. this has happened to me and others quite often.

trying this on windows is simply adding unnecessary complications,
IMO.

cheers,
    axel.