Compilation error on CRAY-XT3

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 19:29:36 UTC 2008

On Dec 17, 1:18 pm, "Shawn T. Brown" <shawn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Which version of PGI are you using... out of curiosity?

shawn,

as far as i can remember, _all_ versions of PGI that manage to compile
cp2k have this flaw. which is really hard to believe. the problems
with
PGI don't end there. there are several files that even without
optimization
take 15-30 minutes to compile (hours with optimization), even though
there
is essentially nothing in them that would require any optimization.
it is a quite frustrating situation. it is a mystery to me, that cray
is
still pushing PGI so hard...

carlo,

i have a hack that allows to build cp2k on an xt3 using g95 that
seems to be working well (and at very little performance impact).

none of the cray machines that i have currently access to has a
pathscale compilers installed, but i know from other software projects
that they are not much better than PGI in terms of conformance
to fortran 95. :-(

cheers,
    axel.