[CP2K:1603] Re: output problems

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 20:51:54 UTC 2008

Dear Jun,

1) you don't see nothing in the individual .out files because the IO
is buffered.
Depending on the size of the IO buffer on the machine that you are
using it may take a WHILE
to see something in the output file.
If you want to flush you can play with this keyword:
http://cp2k.berlios.de/manual/CP2K_INPUT/
GLOBAL.html#desc_FLUSH_SHOULD_FLUSH

2) Switching to medium you are activating some print_key, in this
case DIPOLE, which for the
specific force_eval you are using (MIXED) requires that DIPOLE has to
be defined in all
force_eval underneath. To skip this problem you can disable by hand
the print_key DIPOLE:
http://cp2k.berlios.de/manual/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/MIXED/PRINT/
DIPOLE.html

     &DIPOLE OFF