[CP2K:1589] Re: Isotopic dilution study

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:54:49 UTC 2008

Hi Eric,

On 2 Dec 2008, at 01:46, Eric Shamay wrote:

> One last issue on this - When the trajectories are printed (i.e. when
> doing geo_opt or MD) the output XYZ file contains the name of the
> element H again. I.e. my input coordinates specify that the atom name
> is 'D', but then the output, instead of printing 'D' for each atom, it
> prints out 'H' as if I had never changed the KIND. Is the output based

of course you never changed the KIND, but the "standard" of XYZ is to
have:

ELEMENT X Y Z

and not

KIND x y z

If you want to be able to track the "D", then I suggest you to
exploit the
capabilities of VMD, first loading an XYZ with the names you like and
on the top of that molecule the whole trajectory you like (since the
order of the atoms
  in the trajectory is the same as the one in input).
Instead of the original XYZ, you can as well use PSF or PDB.

Teo